Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who Knew Garages Could be So Much Fun!

Well, I just posted a new link to my Facebook page to share my hand dyed fabrics, batiks, and abstract fractured watercolors.

I have been working for several weeks now on creating art cloth that can be hung, framed, or used for other projects.

My garage is now my wet studio albeit no sink, but the laundry room comes in handy for that. My washing machine is my magic tool for marbling, my work tables from Sam's are now my creation stations, an old electric skillet is for the soy wax, and one of my many irons is doing double duty. Color, color, color. It is sooo much fun. Hoping to get an Etsy site up soon.

Fiber Artists of Oklahoma was so much fun this week sharing Valentine's Day, chocolates, great textile books and lots of laughs especially about my life studio experience!

Going to PlayDate on Saturday at the TU Costume Department to work with more Rit Color Remover, Rit Dye, and Pre-Sist.

Log cabin quilt is slowly being finished, need to get on my Embellisher and start working on my project for July.

Planning the trip for Missouri with the Dye girls - going to see Sharon Kilfolye to study shibori again, going to visit Valeria Doran Bashaw to see her shibori also, and hoping to go to Carol Leigh Brack Kaiser's weaving studio in Columbia.

Down the road, SAQA/SDA International Conference in Philadelphia - going with Janice Filler - can't wait!

So much to do, so many projects, so much free time - I LOVE RETIREMENT!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog! Come back and look around when you can! I'd love to see pics of your garage while making a dye-mess!
    Leeanna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete